We may not all love their fashion choices, but you've got to admit, Mary-Kate and Ashley have amazing hair. They always look like they've just spent the day at the beach even though they are both crazy busy. This look is great because it's achievable for almost all hair types and it requires no heat! I bleach my hair so often I always worry about frying it, so I probably do this look about 3 times a week. People tell me my hair looks so healthy when I do this.
The Look
Products
Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze, Paul Mitchell Soft Sculpting Spray Gel, and Paul Mitchell Worked Up Hairspray
How To
1.) After shampooing and conditioning , allow your hair to set in a towel for 30 minutes. (I suggest brushing hair before getting in the shower to prevent tangles as you can't brush your hair at all during this tutorial, otherwise it will loosen the wave to much).
3.) The key to this look is flipping your hair upside down rather than upright. Scrunch the product into your hair adding more as needed for about 3 minutes.
4.) To add extra body and hold, liberally spray gel into your hair, and scrunch upright for another minute or so.
5.) If you plan on sleeping on this look, I highly recommend a lightweight hairspray such as worked up.
6.) Style the look. It's hard to tell in this pic (sorry!) but I usually twist both sides of my hair for a bohemian look.
So that's about it! It usually only takes me about 10 minutes to style after the towel. You can definitely sleep on this look and not worry about it flattening out which is awesome for those mornings when you just don't feel like messing with your hair.
I do this look the night before, hence no makeup and glasses. I hope this inspires other girls not to be so afraid showing their imperfections. I love makeup just as much as the next girl, but I also think it can be so empowering to accept your natural unfinished self.




No comments:
Post a Comment