I feel pretty bad posting another one of these so soon but at the same time, I wouldn't want to skip one, so I will start trying to post more. Getting to this months birchbox, wow I was so much more impressed. Last month's box was a bit of a disappointment, so it was really nice receiving this month's box to refresh the bad impression left by last month. If you don't know what Birchbox is, refer to the link for Birchbox Info.
Kate Spade Twirl
I loved this stuff, and it had a spray applicator. I hate it when fragarance samples just have a cap. It smells very fresh, crisp, and feminine. It's definitely what I would imagine Kate Spade's fragarance to be. Its sweet, but not obnoxiously so. I mostly smell vanilla and citrus.
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion
I have the most awful oily skin, and not many products suit it very well, but this stuff is AMAZING! I couldn't believe it when I read on my birchbox card that this isn't even in stores yet. I would compare this to Clinique's dramatically different gel. It's just a tab bit thicker. It's great for summer because it's cooling and light. I found it to be really mattifying, so I even used it as a primer for my foundation, which worked really well. It kind of creates a good four hour barrier to combat oil from my skin.
Laura Geller Blush-n- Brighten in Apricot
Anything from the Laura Geller Baked Collection has been on my wishlist for a while. I was sad to see this brand leave Sephora before I even got to try it. I've really only seen it on QVC (yes, I watch qvc and I love it). Even better, this is a full sized product valued at $30. I've been using this all this month on it's own without highlight or bronzer. The marbeling in this allows me to have it all in one application. I will say however, it doesn't have the greatest staying power.
As for the other 2 products, herban essentials towelettes and Xen Tan, I'm saving them for vacation. If you're interested in my critique of them though, tell me in the comments below and I could definitely review them during next month's box.
Happy Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment