Monday, July 18, 2011

My Summer Faves!

Summer Must Haves
1.) Statement Necklaces: I love these guys with a simple vintage t-shirt, or over sized V-neck. I prefer to buy them gold and silver with neutral detailing like the one shown above.


2.) Keds: So timeless! My favorites are the navy. I just slip them on and out the door I go.


3.) Floral Scarves: I know nearly every girl out there has one. With so many different options, you've got to love them. I wear mine around my head, purse and neck.


4.) Smith's Minted Rose Balm: A cult favorite for good reason. The formula is so sheer, but if desired can be built up. Don;t be worried about the floral scent, trust me, it doesn't taste like your eating a rose bush. 


5.) Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming: This scent is so youthful and vibrant! I wouldn't wear it during the winter, which makes it all that much better in the summer.


6.) Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in 24k Orange: I'm loving the orange lip trend! (Is it just me or have I said love close to 50 times in this post? Oh well, I guess it's fitting). So the smell of this is a bit off putting, but I like the color too much to give it up. Side-note: For those of you who are interested in drugstore lipstick, Revlon makes the most AMAZING matte colors. Seriously, it blows my mind!


7.) Two Door Cinema Club, Tourist History: More people have to listen to this band! You know how everyone has that one album they replay over and over again all through summer, and every time you hear it, it brings you back? Well this is the one for me. I heard in in the Quiksilver store in California this summer, and that's exactly what I'm reminded of when I hear it. Listen to " Something Good can Work", it just sounds so summery!


8.) Bobble Water Bottles: Super convenient! You fill 'em up, and sip away without any concern, because the water is filtered as you drink it via carbon filter. You may get a few questions while toting one of these, but that's just more people you can turn on to one of them. I love them on vacation when I don't want to pay for the super expensive water at the hotel. (Psh, it was $6 a bottle where I last stayed) The price is totally fair also.


9.) Retro Sunglasses: Everyone has those big Hollywood frames, which are great and all, but sometimes it's nice to be unique. I like the ones that are plastic on top and wire on the bottom.


10.) OPI's "Do you Lilac It?": A pretty pastel purple.


11.) Clinique Dramatically Different Gel: In no time, your skin will drink this in. I use it to prime my face during summer months because it's very mattifying and combats oil like no other. The lotion form is very similar, but not ideal for very oily skin like mine being that it's heavier, and leaves a slight residue.


12.) The O.C.: Ahh you caught me! My guilty pleasure; hours of lying on the couch, windows down eating junk food (FYI, my favorties include Sour Patch Kids, Ben & Jerry's, and White Cheddar Cheetos), and watching this show. At first I told myself I wouldn't ever watch this because it just looked so stupid, but give yourself at least 2 episodes and you'll be addicted!


13.) Friendship Bracelets and Leather Bracelets: Remember those cute little friendship bracelets you made at camp? It's time to drag those out again. I love the whole Cali Navajo look, and these sort of set off that look.

No comments:

Post a Comment